Hey guys, as you know Chode League has never had a mandatory buy-in. And don’t worry, it still won’t.
However, we would like to get a pot going for league expenses:
– video production
– domain registration
– trying to obtain a Chode League media pass
– trying to hang out with Zach Lowe
– other surprises
So…WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU?
This year, we’re offering three levels of participation. You’ve burned through your free agent money trying to acquire franchises, and now you can get some of that back while supporting the league you love and cherish.
The SMALL MARKET TEAM:
FREE. $200 to acquire free agents + franchises.
This is where you’re all at right now. The Oklahoma City Thunder have tried this model for years, scrimping and saving while trying to hold on to key James Hardens.
Props to you if you can actually pull this off.
The LUXURY TAX:
$10 donation. $250 to acquire free agents + franchises. (25% increase)
Okay, losing isn’t cheap. You’re willing to pull out (most of the) the stops to achieve your goals. Welcome to the big boys’ table.
$35 donation. $400 to acquire free agents + franchises. (100% INCREASE)
For the eccentric billionaire in your life, the solution may just be going for broke. JaVale is calling.
So what will be happening with all these billions?
– 50% of the pot will go to the league champion — the very chodiest team.
– 25% of the pot will go to the runner up — the genius NBA champions.
– 25% goes to all the kooky behind-the-scenes stuff we have planned for you this year.